Release and Waiver of Liability and Indemnity Agreement
(Read Carefully Before Accepting)
In consideration of being permitted to participate in any way in the Martial Arts Program indicated below and/or being permitted to enter for any purpose any restricted area (herein defined as any area wherein admittance to the general public is prohibited), the parent(s) and/or legal guardian(s) of the minor participant named below agree by the action of accepting this waiver:
1. The parent(s) and/or legal guardian(s) will instruct the minor participant that prior to participating in the below martial arts activity or event, he or she should inspect the facilities and equipment to be used, and if he or she believes anything is unsafe, the participant should immediately advise the officials of such condition and refuse to participate. I understand and agreed that, if at any time, I feel anything to be unsafe, I will immediately take all precautions to avoid the unsafe area and refuse to participate further.
2. I/We fully understand and acknowledge:
(a) That there are risks and dangers associated with participation in martial arts events and activities which could result in bodily injury, partial and/or total disability, paralysis and death.
(b) The social and economic losses and/or damages, which could result from these risks and dangers described above.
(c) These risks and dangers may be caused by the action, inaction or negligence of the participant or the action, inaction or negligence of others, including, but not limited to, the Releasees named below.
(d) There may be other risks not known to us or are not reasonably foreseeable at his time.
3. I/We accept and assume such risks and responsibility for the losses and/or damages following such injury, disability, paralysis or death, however caused and whether caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the Releasees named below.
4. I/We hereby release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue the martial arts facility used by the participant , including its owners, managers, staff, volunteers, promoters, lessees of premises used to conduct the martial arts event or program, premises and event inspectors, underwriters, consultants and others who give recommendations, directions, or instructions to engage in risk evaluation or loss control activities regarding the martial arts facility or events held at such facility and each of them, their directors, officers, agents, employees (all for the purposes herein referred to as “Releasee”) from all liability to the undersigned, my/our personal representatives, assigns, executors, heirs and next to kin for any and all claims, demands, losses or damages and any claims or demands therefore on account of any injury, including but not limited to the death of the participant or damage to property, arising out of or relating to the event(s) caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the release or otherwise.
5. I/We hereby acknowledge that the activities of the event(s) are very dangerous and involve the risk of serious injury and/or death and/or property damage. Each of the undersigned also expressly acknowledges that injuries received may be compounded or increased by negligent rescue operations or procedures of the releases.
6. Each of the undersigned further expressly agrees that the foregoing release, waiver, and indemnity agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the law of the Province or State in which the event is conducted and that if any portion is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding continue in full legal force and effect.
7. On behalf of the participant and individually, the undersigned parent(s) and/or legal guardian(s) for the minor participant executes this Waiver and Release. If, despite this release, the participant makes a claim against any of the Releasees, the parent(s) and/or legal guardian(s) will reimburse the Releasee for any money which they have paid to the participant, or on his behalf, and hold.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND HAVE SIGNED IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT, ASSURANCE, OR GUARANTEE BEING MADE TO ME AND INTEND MY SIGNATURE TO BE COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW.
Media Privacy Release
I hereby grant 4GK Martial Arts, Inc, and any assigns, licensees, and legal representatives of 4GK Martial Arts, Inc, the irrevocable right to use my name (or any fictional name), picture, portrait, video, or photograph in all forms and media in all manners, including composite or distorted representations, for advertising, trade, or any other lawful purposes, and I waive any right to inspect or approve the finished version(s), including written copy, that may be created in connection therewith.
Informed Consent COVID-19 RISK
I understand that I am voluntarily enrolling to train at 4GK Martial Arts (aka Skillz of Patchogue). I also understand that the novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. I further understand that COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread by person-to-person contact; and, as a result, federal and state health agencies recommend social distancing.
I recognize that 4GK Martial Arts staff and owners are closely monitoring this situation and have put in place reasonable preventative measures recommended by the CDC, the New York Governor’s office, and the Department of Health aimed to reduce the spread of COVID-19. However, given the nature of the virus, I understand there is an inherent risk of becoming infected with COVID-19 by virtue of proceeding with this activity. I hereby acknowledge and assume the risk of becoming infected with COVID-19 through this elective activity and will not hold 4GK Martial Arts, its owners, or staff responsible for this risk.
I UNDERSTAND THE EXPLANATION AND HAVE NO MORE QUESTIONS AND CONSENT TO ATTEND CLASSES AND EVENTS AT 4GK MARTIAL ARTS AS OF THE DATE OF THIS SIGNING.
I am of lawful age and/or I am the legal guardian of the above named. I have read this release and am fully familiar with its contents.
Martial Arts School: 4GK Martial Arts, Inc (dba Skillz of Patchogue)